We Offer Various Services
Proactive Mold Removal
Being proactive about mold removal is in the best interest of your home, your wallet, and your well-being. Taking early action can solve problems before they have had a chance to wreak havoc. The longer mold has had an opportunity to grow, the more effort it will take to remove it. The longer you live with unhealthy mold, the more likely you are to experience health problems.
Trusted & Experienced
Signs You Need Mold Removal
The odor is the most telltale sign that you have an unwelcome guest in your home. As mold tends to hide inside the walls, it can take weeks, months, or years before any mold catches your eye. Before you can see it, mold might give off a distinctively unattractive scent.
Although different types of mold can stink in various ways, more often than not, most molds will have a pungent and musty scent. Molds generate this smell as they eat the building material around them to reproduce and grow.
Staying aware of when your home’s fragrance turns musty is your best resource for catching mold early.
As mold grows when exposed to moist environments, make sure to check these areas regularly:
- Damp basements or rooms prone to flooding should be checked for mold often.
- Tiles around the shower and bath looking for spotty mold signs should be a regular part of cleaning your bathrooms.
- The area around plumbing leaks. Check for signs of water damage around water pipes underneath your sink.
- Heating and cooling systems, particularly the water heater and HVAC units, are common breeding spots for mold.
- Leaky ceilings, windows, and doors. Make sure that these points of entry for excessive moisture are adequately insulated.
Maintenance to Prevent Mold Buildup
As we have already covered in an earlier paragraph, mold will always be present, and not all of it should or even can be removed. Even though you can never eliminate it altogether, there are things you can do as a homeowner or building manager to prevent mold from building up in those hard-to-reach places.
- Cleaning any moldy surfaces as soon as you notice them. This suggestion includes the in-betweens of your bathroom tiles.
- Having your carpets cleaned regularly. Fabrics like carpets and rugs absorb and hold onto moisture longer than hard surfaces.
- Using a dehumidifier, particularly when during high humidity/wet days. These warm and wet days are ideal for breeding mold.
- Waterproofing basements and crawl spaces. Waterproofing the parts of your house that get the dampest will go a long way toward keeping maintenance costs low.
- Hiring professional help for cleaning the heating and cooling systems. A trained professional can make the difference between getting the job done and getting the job done right.
- Cleaning all ventilation ducts (bathroom fans and dryers). Make sure that all exhaust from these ducts fully makes it outside.
By being proactive and preventing a buildup of moisture, you are saving yourself from literal and figurative headaches in the future.
Trusted Mold Removal Service Provider
Call the Mold Removal Professionals in Topeka
When mold has taken root in your home and plans to stay long past its welcome, it’s time to call for professional mold removal.
If you are still unsure if you have mold needing removal, we suggest asking yourself these questions:
- Has your house or building had a history of water damage, moisture buildup, or flooding?
- Have certain parts of the building been damaged? Do they stay wet for more than two days?
- Have there been any plumbing issues or leaks?
- Has anyone in the house or building noticed any pungent odors?
- Are any residents reporting health issues, like asthma attacks?
- Has the building undergone remodeling or gone too long without maintenance?
If you’re answering yes more than no to these questions, then we recommend you give our professionals at Lamunyon a call.
We take pride in our work, and we are happy to answer any questions about mold that you may have. We have been in business since 1973 and serve the Topeka area and the greater north-central Kansas area. Our business has received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. If you have any questions about our mold removal services or would like to talk to a member of our team, do not hesitate to contact us.
Our friendly, caring staff are enthusiastic about helping you, and our certified technicians are available for an inspection at your convenience.
Ya'll did a fantastic job. Your company is the one I will recommend. Thank You!
Showed up on time and very promptly. The employees were professional and took pride in their workmanship. Would recommend them to anyone.”
Water damage in our garage had allowed mold to grow in the ceiling there. The technicians who identified and schedule remediation were knowledgeable, courteous and professional. We would not hesitate to use them again.