Homeowners in Kansas know the weather cannot be beaten regarding moisture and mold growth. Whether you are looking to ensure your house is not infested with mold or you are looking to assess, remove, and clean up the mold growth in your home, you require professional help. And we at Lamunyon Mold are just the help you need. We can ensure your Kansas home is safe and protected from mold infestation with the best mold services you can find in the area! Lamunyon Mold is your Kansas mold removal expert.
What Is Mold And What Causes Mold Infestation In A Home?
Mold breaks down organic matter and is a natural part of our environment. Because of the normal air exchange in and out of your home (through doors, windows, vents, and other openings), mold spores naturally cycle in and out of homes daily. It is very normal to find some levels of mold indoors. However, it is when mold begins to develop in excess of building materials, contents, and personal belongings that it becomes a problem. Excessive indoor mold growth often means an underlying moisture problem. Mold and moisture can cause significant property damage, compromise structural integrity and cause health risks for you and your family.
When Should You Get Your House Inspected For Mold?
Indoor mold growth usually means that there is a moisture problem in your home. Mold and moisture issues can easily be overlooked by homeowners without the right experience or knowledge. If you suspect a mold and moisture problem, you should consider getting your property inspected. Mold inspectors are specially trained to assess for mold and the potential moisture source that could be causing and supporting fungal growth. Following a thorough inspection, an inspector will be able to determine the next course of action to take.
It is generally recommended to get your home inspected for mold if you notice any signs or symptoms of its presence. Mold can have detrimental effects on both the health of occupants and the structural integrity of a building. Here are some situations when you should consider getting a mold inspection:
- Visible Mold Growth: If you can see mold growing on surfaces, such as walls, ceilings, or floors, it’s important to have a professional mold inspection. Visible mold is a clear indication of an underlying moisture problem that needs to be addressed.
- Water Damage: If your home has experienced any significant water damage from leaks, floods, burst pipes, or roof leaks, it is essential to have a mold inspection. Moisture problems can lead to mold growth within 24-48 hours, so prompt action is crucial.
- Musty Odor: If you detect a persistent musty smell in your home, it could be an indication of hidden mold growth. Even if you cannot see any visible mold, it’s advisable to have an inspection to identify potential mold sources.
- Allergic Reactions Or Health Issues: If you or your family members experience unexplained allergic reactions, respiratory problems, or other health issues that seem to worsen when you’re at home, mold could be a possible cause. Mold spores can trigger allergic reactions and respiratory symptoms in sensitive individuals.
- Buying Or Selling A Home: Before purchasing a new home or selling your existing property, it’s wise to have a mold inspection conducted. This helps ensure that the property is free from hidden mold problems and protects the interests of all parties involved.
- Regular Maintenance: Periodic mold inspections as part of your home maintenance routine can help identify early signs of mold growth or potential moisture issues. Preventive measures can be taken to mitigate the problem before it becomes more severe.
Step-By-Step Mold Removal Process For A Residential Property Includes
Lamunyon Mold uses professional-grade equipment and advanced remediation techniques to ensure a thorough cleanup. Our team is trained to follow a strict mold removal process that meets specific industry standards. Exposure to mold can mean possible health effects, so we always strictly adhere to safety protocols, containment procedures, and personal protection requirements. Our technicians pay close attention to quality control to ensure that every job is thorough and effective.
- Initial Site Assessment: Thorough assessment is key to developing an effective mold remediation protocol.
- Containment: Plastic containment chambers isolate specific areas of concern to prevent cross-contamination.
- Cover & Protect: Your floors & belongings will be covered & protected during the remediation project.
- Air Filtration: HEPA-filtered air filtration devices maintain your indoor air quality during remediation.
- HEPA Vacuum: HEPA vacuums are used to remove surface spores from contaminated building materials.
- Demolition & Removal: Contaminated building materials will be carefully removed & properly disposed of.
- Antimicrobial Application: An antimicrobial agent will be applied to destroy surface mold spores.
- Embedded Mold Roots: Oxidative technology removes deeply embedded mold roots.
- Scrub & Wipe Clean: All surfaces are scrubbed and wiped clean.
- Re-HEPA Vacuum: A second round of HEPA-vacuuming ensures the removal of all remaining mold.
- Mold-Resistant Coating: Mold-resistant coating is applied to prevent future regrowth.
When homeowners find a mold problem, it can be stressful. Homeowners are often at a loss and may not even know how to begin to address the issue. Mold requires active removal that should be left to the professionals. Mold-contaminated areas need to be contained and isolated to prevent cross-contamination. Mold roots deeply embedded in porous building materials need to be removed following specific mold remediation procedures. While remediation technicians can often clean most surfaces, some surfaces just cannot be effectively cleaned and require careful removal and disposal. Following cleanup, the moisture source needs to be properly repaired to prevent future regrowth.
Residential Mold Inspection & Mold Testing For Kansas Homeowners
Lamunyon’s inspectors provide thorough and comprehensive mold inspectors to homeowners throughout Topeka, Salina, Manhattan, and McPherson. Our inspectors use advanced tools and technology to investigate your mold concerns. Our inspections include a thorough visual assessment, moisture mapping to track moisture patterns, infrared inspection with thermal imaging cameras, and mold testing (air quality & surface testing) to determine indoor mold levels. Our samples are sent to a 3rd-party, accredited lab or analysis, which we will decipher and put into context with the on-site findings. All findings will be documented in a detailed report, which will be presented clearly, concisely, honestly, and professionally.
Contact Lamunyon Mold for Mold Inspection, Mold Testing & Mold Removal In Kansas Homes
Unaddressed mold and moisture can have serious implications for you, your family, and your home. Mold concerns must be properly addressed in a timely manner. At Lamunyon Mold, our experts understand the risks involved with mold and we work hard to deliver the highest quality of mold services possible to homeowners throughout North-Central Kansas. We are fully licensed, insured, and certified. We have decades worth of industry experience. More importantly, we genuinely care about the work we do. We know how important it is that our clients trust us with their homes, so we work hard to maintain that trust.