Does Your Salina Home Need A Mold Inspection?
Are you concerned about possible mold growth in your home but unsure if it’s time to call in a mold inspection?
We suggest asking yourself these key questions:
- Has there been any recent water damage to your home? Or has your home had a history of flooding?
- Do certain parts of your home tend to stay damp longer than others?
- Have there been any plumbing issues or leaks?
- Has anyone in the house or building noticed any pungent odors?
- Has the building had any mold problems that were solved with DIY solutions before?
- Are any residents reporting health issues, like asthma attacks?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we recommend taking a closer look at things to ensure no mold growth or regrowth in your home.
Why You Should Call For A Professional Mold Inspection Service
While you may feel tempted to grab an inexpensive inspection kit, the results may be lacking. Some test kits may test air conditions, and others may not. The efficacy and style of the kit can be hard to pin down with an overwhelming amount of online options. If you are unsure what to look for or where to begin, a DIY job may not be the best solution.
If you are in this situation, your best bet is to call the professionals. Here’s why:
- Professionals routinely experience and solve this exact problem. Dealing with mold is a complicated issue requiring thorough knowledge and training to clean the slate. It is easy to miss a small part of the process that got overlooked. A one-time DIY job can turn into a five-time DIY job because mold is so resilient.
- You’re back at square one if you don’t get it all. Again, mold is notoriously excellent at hiding away in hard-to-reach spots. Anywhere and everywhere that collects moisture is suspect. Without ensuring you have eliminated the chance for mold to regrow, you welcome mold back into your house.
- Getting it done all at once saves you money in the long run. The first step to solving any problem is learning about it. The professionals handle that job for you and walk you through the big picture of how your mold problem happened, how it can be fixed, and how they will ensure that it does not happen again. There are a lot of easily-missed factors involved in this process. Once your mold inspection is complete, you are set with all the information you need to make an informed choice about the well-being of your home for the present and future.
What To Expect From A Mold Inspection?
A local team will have more experience and knowledge about the local environment. If your house is located around the Salina area, Lamunyon Mold is the company for you.
What to expect from your professional mold inspection:
- We start with a visual inspection. Our professionals know the signs of mold growth inside and out. A simple visual inspection, if the mold has progressed to the visibility stage, can inform us about the scale of the problem and potential sources and overlooked factors. We always do this step first to get everyone on the same page.
- We take notes and share them with you. Detailed documentation allows us to form a plan to handle this problem. Once we have finished our assessment, we will share our findings with you so that you have all the information possible about what’s happening in your home. We give you everything you need to make an informed decision about your mold infestation.
- We map out the spread with thermal imaging. We can see which parts of your building materials are colder than others through thermal imaging. The colder areas signify a moisture buildup, the ideal mold condition to multiply.
- We determine the source or cause of moisture buildup. Mold growing near leaky pipes is simple to identify. However, once you have got a mold outbreak in an unusually damp place, finding its source can take a bit of effort. We might be dealing with an exposed roof, a compromised basement, or serious structural problems.
- Once we have finished our assessment, we give you the rundown. You get a straightforward and to-the-point explanation of our mold evaluation. We break down how bad the problem seems to be, the potential causes, and our scope of work to fix it.
- Our specialist explains the scope of work for you. The scope of work is a detailed plan of action for tackling your mold problem. We design a mold remediation plan that our professional team can follow through for you. This scope of work includes everything from our plan to reach the mold remediation, the cleanup protocol, and our efforts to prevent this mold problem from returning.
- Finally, we offer post-remediation testing if the situation calls for it. Post-remediation testing comes after we complete the remediation but before we begin our cleanup. Doing a thorough job is important to ensure you don’t end up with another infestation.
Scheduling Your Mold Inspection In Salina, KS Today
Lamunyon Mold has been locally owned and operating in Salina and throughout the North-Central area of Kansas since 1973. You can rest assured that Lamunyon’s team is the go-to pros.
We are fully licensed, insured, and trained to provide safe and effective mold removal services, mold assessment, dehumidification, mold remediation, and mold testing services in Salina and throughout the North-Central area of Kansas. Our equipment and tools are industry standard, and our training is second to none. On-site cleanups are always thorough and to the letter, and our technicians know to follow strict safety protocols. Everything we do is to ensure that we get the job done and done right.
To learn more about safe and effective mold inspection services near you, call our local office today at 785-367-2494.